There is nothing we like more than sharing good tips with our guests.
We have already put together a few of our highlights in the immediate vicinity for you here. Please feel free to ask us on-site about further excursion possibilities.
Activity and Mountains
- Papststein: Would you like to start a short hiking tour on the day of your arrival? In about one hour you can reach the mountain Papststein. The ascent is particularly worthwhile as you will be overwhelmed by a fantastic 360-degree view over the whole of Saxon Switzerland at the summit of the table-top mountain. We recommend a stop at the rustic Bergwirtschaft Papststein which is definitely worth the effort, both in terms of cuisine and ambience.
- Malerweg: Embark on the trail of romanticism and one of the most beautiful hiking trails in Germany. It leads directly past our hotel. Here you can choose between two excursions: Stage 6 from Gohrisch to Schmilka or a section of Stage 7 from Gohrisch to Königstein. We recommend taking a break in the Bio-Refugium Schmilka. The village is one of the most beautiful in Saxony and offers numerous places to stop for refreshments.
- Forststeig Elbsandstein: Do you like adventure? And prefer to move on routes away from civilisation? Then the hiking route Forststeig with its unspoilt landscapes where you can enjoy absolute peace and quiet, is just right for you. Start off at Stage 7 and head from Gohrisch over towering, idyllic peaks to the Bad Schandau railway station. We recommend: The cosy Café Drehscheibe. is located directly in the Bad Schandau national railway station. Here you can recharge your batteries with a cappuccino and a delicious panini.
You can find the 20 most beautiful hikes around Gohrisch here.
As a guest of QUARTIER 5, you will receive a 10% discount at the Bergwirtschaft Papststein, Bergwirtschaft Kuhstall and at the Café & Bistro drehscheibe.
Art and Culture
- Königstein Fortress: As one of the largest and most beautiful mountain fortresses in Europe, it was long considered the safest place in all of Saxony. Enjoy the tour of the fortress complex and the fantastic view of the Elbe valley.
- Bad Schandau:Visit the historic passenger lift from Bad Schandau to Ostrau. By the way, this lift has gained worldwide fame as the setting for some scenes in the famous Hollywood movie, “Grand Budapest Hotel”.
- Pirna the Gateway to Saxon Switzerland: historic old town, town museum, Richard Wagner Museum Graupa, CanaleSo House, Zuschendorf country castle with the German Camellia Blossom Show
- Cultural Capital Dresden:Zwinger, Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady), Katholische Hofkirche, Dresden Castle, the opera house Semperoper, Staatliche Kunstsammlungen (State Art Collection), the city park Großer Garten, Volkswagen’s Gläserne Manufaktur (Glass Factory) and much more.